I recently sat down with Kerry O’Shea Gorgone of MarketingProfs to discuss The Mindful Marketer. During this conversation, we addressed:
- The main causes of costly and mindless marketing activity
- How I define mindful marketing
- The origin of intentional language, and its implications for marketers
- Distinctions between cognitive empathy and affective empathy–and why marketers should care about both
- Simple shifts that marketers can make to become more mindful, effective and focused
This was one of the first interviews I experienced where we had no agenda, no outline, and no topics identified in advance–and it was one of my favorites! Kerry had clearly done her homework and read the book cover to cover. She’s a class act. This level of preparation is rare for many podcast hosts.
You can listen to the podcast here. I invite you to share your thoughts on the podcast in the comments below.
Also, feel free to join us on November 13. MarketingProfs will host a 1 hour webinar to dive more deeply into this topic. Learn more details here. You might just win a copy of my book too!
Other posts you will enjoy:
- How CMOs Can Boldly Face an Uncertain Future
- Inbound Marketing: The Guiding Light for Community Building
- Video Tip: 3 Qualities of Mindful Marketers
Copyright 2014, Lisa Nirell. All rights reserved.