In Bangkok, Thailand, in 1955, historians were moving a plaster statue to another location in the Wat Traimit temple. As they attempted to remove the five-ton statue from its pedestal, the harnesses and ropes ripped apart. The statue came crashing to the ground. The plaster chipped off… revealing a gorgeous golden statue beneath. Today, the epic gold Buddha—the largest gold statue in the world—sits on public display.
This discovery reminds us that, in order to be mindful, decisive and creative, we need to make room for our own true brilliance to shine. We need to create space in our lives for new ideas to emerge. That means we need to consciously accomplish two things:
- Remove distractions and energy drainers in our hectic lives
- Implement new tools to streamline activities that do not serve our best and highest use
Last year I made a conscious effort to simplify everything in my life. Here are ten activities, tools, and habits that helped me—and members of my community—dramatically improve in 2014. Some may also ignite creativity and productivity for you:
- Create a “Get Grounded” Meeting Ritual
- Work With an Accountability Partner
- Gift Yourself With Music
- Create Digital Detox Days
- Book Quick Trips
- Track Your Food Intake
- Streamline Your Travel Time
- Automate Appointment Scheduling
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Surprise and Delight Clients
For more detail on these 10 tips, visit my FastCompany blog.
Which tip will you apply today? Do you have any other tips to share? Share in the comments below!
Here are some other posts you will enjoy:
Copyright 2015, Lisa Nirell. All rights reserved.