Marketing leaders often ask me “how do you stay centered and focused? What can I do to create more “white space” on my calendar? My schedule is very hectic, and I seldom make time to reflect.” Mindful marketing techniques have really helped me in this area.
I recently sat down with “Shareology” author and Purematter CEO, Bryan Kramer to further explore this topic. We had both discovered that we are mindfulness practitioners.
Check out this 19 minute podcast to hear:
- The importance of daily white space
- The 3 main sources of my creativity
- How removing yourself from your normal routine and surroundings leads to a more creative life
- Bryan’s favorite sources of creativity
- How over-reliance on technology leads to missed cues and muted intuition
- Why pets are one of my favorite mindfulness reminders
- The number one question every marketing leader needs to ask to increase their efficacy
Four quotable moments from this discussion include (and feel free to tweet):
“That is what wealth is about… creating discretionary time to do the things you love with the people you enjoy.” —@lisa_nirell #mindfulmarketer
“When I rely only on technology and data, I seem to always get myself in trouble or miss some important cues.” —#mindfulmarketer @lisa_nirell
Here are other posts you will enjoy:
Customers are People, Not Data Points
Forget Resolutions – Choose Reflection
Five Ways Leaders Can Design “Innovation Vacations”
copyright 2016, Lisa Nirell. All rights reserved.