Can we talk for a moment about our marketing habits?
During AdWeek DC, I addressed the topic of marketing habits with Jamie Gorski, CMO of The Bozzuto Group. In our fireside chat, we uncovered the most common mindless marketing habits (including some that will probably surprise you). Here’s a sampling:
- Spending too much time on immediate tasks and not enough on innovation (being an “order taker” instead of a “market maker”)
- Attending or scheduling too many meetings and meetings that lack focus
- The habit that is most detrimental to your effectiveness (and that you might be doing this very second)
By changing these key habits, you can tap into your inner marketing guru and be more effective, every day.
I invite you to take 4 minutes and watch the video.
What are some ways you’ve found to change these habits? Share your comments below.
Other posts you will enjoy:
- Static: The Hidden Trap for Today’s Marketers
- Video: Is Big Data a Big Disappointment?
- Video Tip: How to Improve Focus & Clarity in One Minute
Copyright 2015, Lisa Nirell. All rights reserved.