The world is in need of more time to reflect and think before acting. That goes double for marketers. There are a lot of changes going on in the marketing profession. Customers are feeling it — they’re barraged with information. And I don’t believe tech is the answer.
I recently spoke with Lee Price of Managing Editor about being mindful at work. We explored the the challenges of being connected constantly by technology without being distracted.
In our conversation, we discussed:
- taking more time to look inward (the power of reflection and self-awareness)
- learning the meditative and relaxation habits that work for you specifically (everyone is different, and what works for one won’t be ideal for another)
- setting intentions and planning desired outcomes, especially with meetings, a common pain point for marketers
- creating communities that provide a safe haven to share problems and ideas without the fear of competitive backlash
- seeking inspiration outside work life through creative interests and reading
You can read the article in full here at Managing Editor.
Copyright 2018, Lisa Nirell